D.O.Mar Restaurant occupies the venue that was for many years the famous Dalli’s on the Marbella Golden Mile. On 12 December the outstanding D.O.Mar invited an exclusive set of guests to experience a culinary night of excellence called ‘5 Estrellas, 4 Manos’. Chefs Oscar Velasco and Paolo Casagrande (the four hands), who boast 5 Michelin stars between them, literally cooked up a storm for the lucky patrons.
Of course, when it comes to fine dining you need to ensure you have the ideal beverages to accompany it and thanks to VIP Wine Services, the guests enjoyed some delightful vintage Champagne from the house of Louis Dubosquet.
Founder of VIP Wine Services Alex handpicked the Louis Dubosquet 2008 and 2008 Blanc de Blancs to compliment the creative and exciting menu prepared by the ‘master’ chefs.
The evening commenced with a cocktail reception as the lucky guests arrived before sitting down more formally for the meal. There was an incredible assortment of top quality canapes served as people chatted and mingled casually before the meal.
The fine dining experience contained the following dishes from each of the chefs:
- A salad of mackerel, cauliflower, apple jelly and caviar – from Santceloni
- Calamari tartare with runny egg yolk and a lime and onion consommé – (Lasarte)
- Oriental style grilled crayfish served on lettuce beds (Santceloni)
- Wagyu and glazed eel ravioli with iodized foam, horseradish and caviar (Lasarte)
- King fish with crustacean sauce, crab, raw tomato and saffron (Lasarte)
- Shoulder of kid braised with chestnuts (Santceloni)
- Crisp carrot sorbet with a touch of ginger (Santceloni)
- Cocoa, fermented black garlic, beetroot and Muscovado sugar (Lasarte)
- Petits Fours (D.O. Mar)
It was a very successful evening where fine food was enjoyed alongside fine Champagne. The venue, chefs, food and Champagne were the `perfect fit and it was pleasing to get so many fantastic compliments about the choice. Please feel free to browse through our website to view some of the best and hardest to find vintage Champagnes and wines, all of which are kept in ideal conditions and carefully delivered anywhere on the Costa de Sol within just a couple of hours.